Title: Website Designer Intern
Reports to: President
Date: Starting early 2020
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Pay: $10-$15/hour based on
Location: TRG Web Designs office at zWorks in Zionsville, IN, and after training and onboarding, the opportunity to work remotely.
About TRG Web Designs
TRG Web Designs is an Indianapolis-based website design company serving local businesses and community organizations. TRG Web Designs designs custom websites, mostly using WordPress as the platform. We also provide other website-related services including website maintenance and security, search engine optimization and digital marketing services. For more information on the company and its services, please visit https://trgwebdesigns.com.
TRG Web Designs is looking to fill this role with a person who aligns with our company values:
Value #1: Be a Self-Starter
- Take ownership of issues, develop solutions and fix problems
- Be a team player. Collaborate and assist as needed.
- Prioritize your responsibilities and complete them with excellence
Value #2: Be Transparent
- Respectful candor is more important than respectful niceness
- Proactively address conflicts and affirm successes with colleagues
- Show respect to all personality styles
Value #3: Never Stop Learning
- Always be open to growing and learning
- Take time to share your expertise with others
- Be curious in all projects and in interactions with customers and colleagues
The Website Designer Intern will play a key role in designing and developing websites for clients, providing ongoing maintenance and customer service.
- Create new website pages following design style guides.
- Update clients’ existing website pages with fresh content in a manner consistent with their website design style.
- Extend existing websites with new features as requested by clients.
- Migrate websites from our development servers to clients’ production hosting environment.
- Monitor website security notifications for issues needing attention. Investigate and escalate as needed.
- Apply security patches to websites as new updates are released.
- Performing other related tasks as requested.
- The following are core competencies sought to perform these responsibilities:
- Basic understanding with website design concepts
- Some familiarity with website development languages (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Outcomes/Measures of Success
- Completion of work in expected timeframe
- Error-free website content created/updated for clients
- Contributions to team activities and meetings
Send a 1-page cover letter and 1-page resume to Tom Greer, President, at email@example.com.